Date(s) - 03/11/2023 - 04/11/2023
Discipline of Physiotherapy
- Download PDF
The course will give you knowledge that:
- The brain interprets physical and psychological pain in basically the same brain areas.
- Thoughts and feelings can either increase or decrease a pain experience.
- Pain is a homeostatic emotion.
- Pain is for many negative stress.
- Physical activity is positive stress
- Long-term pain affects your hormonal system negatively through an imbalance of the endocrine system. This can result in central sensitization.
- Not inflammation as an explanation of pain but loading allodynia.
- We do not have pain receptors we have nociceptors.
- You have to open your chemist shop in your brain to get control of your pain and other symptoms.
- Regular physical activity prevents sensitization of the central nervous system